SURROUNDS - Sunset Beach Luxury Apartments - Cape Town
Cape Town, The Mother City, regularly receives global awards for being either the best or in the top ten best cities in the world.
This wonderful city offers plentiful sublime tourist attractions and will leave you wanting to return time and time again.
One thing is for sure, wherever you go in Cape Town or surrounding areas, the scenery is simply breathtaking.
Below we summarise just a few of the many things you could do while visiting:
Visit one of several Blue Flag beaches, like Camps Bay or Clifton for example, whether you're looking to simply relax and sunbathe or are keen to try some Surfing, Kitesurfing, Wind Surfing, Fishing or other watersport.
Explore some of the local picturesque seaside villages, with their unique character, fabulous eateries and culturally rich flavours.
Visit the stunning Cape Point Nature Reserve and view the spot where the Indian and Atlantic oceans collide.
Travel to the finest wine estates of Stellenbosch where you can enjoy tasting some world class wines and eating and at some excellent restaurants.
Embark on a safari tour, whether for a full or half day and experience Africa's most famous animals all within a short drive from the city.
If you're looking for some serious thrills, try out some Shark Cage Diving and see if you have you got what it takes!!
Ride the revolving Cable Car up Table Mountain and take a leisurely walk in the nature reserve, enjoying awe-inspiring views of the Mother City, mountains and ocean vistas.
Visit Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens,Africa’s most beautiful garden and a World Heritage Site, with over 8 800 different species of plants and the “Boomslang” walkway, named the Most Beautiful Object in South Africa in 2015. (Take a sumptuous picnic and some fine local wine and relax for the day).
Immerse yourself in history and take a boat trip to Robben Island. a World Heritage Site, where the father of the nation, Nelson Mandela, was jailed for 27 years.
Other areas of interest:
- The world-class Aquarium
- The Castle of Good Hope
- The colourful cottages of Bo Kaap
- The bustling Green Market Square
- The South African Museum
- The Company Gardens
- Chapman's Peak
- Simon's Town & The Penguin Colony
- The quaint Kalk Bay - prime whale watching territory during whale season (June to Nov)
- Cape Winelands
- Various World Class Golf Courses
- V&A Waterfront
- The Harbour
- Helicopter Rides
- Jet Skiing
- Game Fishing
- Boat Trips
Whatever you do and wherever you visit, you are bound to be enthralled by the wonderful gem of a city. Enjoy!
Here are some tourism resources websites:
- Lonely Planet Guide: https://www.lonelyplanet.com/south-africa/cape-town
- Cape Town Travel: www.capetown.travel
- Table Mountain: www.tablemountain.net
- V&A Waterfront: www.waterfront.co.za
- Canal Walk: www.canalwalk.co.za
- Kirstenbosch: www.sanbi.org/gardens/kirstenbosch
- Robben Island: www.robben-island.org.za
- Cape Point: http://capepoint.co.za
- CapeNature: www.capenature.co.za
- Sanparks: www.sanparks.org
- Weather: www.weathersa.co.za